Monday, November 26, 2007

A Winning Weekend!!

When I used to smoke (10 days ago), I would sometimes get these cigarette tin things, so I decided to decorate it...with my favorite...Bob Marley. Here is the case, both inside and out... I don’t smoke anymore so I don’t carry it around as much. But I am keeping it, right now I have some of my old cards in it.

Looking at the tin actually makes me want to have a smoke. Even though it’s empty, I can still smell the smoke, and picture them in there...Oh this is torture, I should just wash the darn thing.


So my weekend was pretty uneventful. Paulette came and took me and Vernessa for coffee. We had a good time.

I did make some baking powder biscuits. Joe made soup and I hear they were good. I took a picture of course. The cookbook in the background was really old, it’s Vernessa’s and of course you can tell from the page that it’s been used many, many times. (Picture coming)

I also finished beading a collar for Charlie, we put it on him and at first he hated it, now he prances around and it looks good on him. The one for Peanut, I realized that once I tacked the beading down on the collar for Peanut it was too small. Curses. Luckily the neighbour’s dog is named Peanut and she is smaller than our Peanut, so guess what she is getting for Christmas...

Saturday, we decided to get the fish tank we bought last week set up. So we had to go to the pet store and buy the rocks, 4 bags of them...Get home, rinsed everything off, got everything out and ready to set up. There was a crack on the bottom of the tank, so we had to pack it up and take it back. So finally got it set up, and now all we need is to get some fish:)

Vernessa came over later and we did some beading, she finished her lighter case and she finished her earrings. I think I found a beading buddy. I managed to get everything cut off the loom, and now I think I am going to start on something different. Just don’t know what that is yet.

Sunday, a lazy day, I think I actually slept til 10...which is rare. Agian today was not one I wanted to go outside, it’s cold out there. So now that winter is here, I think I will just buy my groceries, hunker down and wait out the winter. Curses though, cause I gotta get to work. Why can’t I just have everything I want?

The Saskatchewan Roughriders won Grey Cup. I don’t even like football, I don’t even think I actually watched a game, but I am so happy that they won. I wanted to take a drive down Albert Street only to see the madness...but I didn’t, Joe didn’t get off work until midnight and it was so cold out. We did take a drive later and thought maybe we would go out for a celebration beer. But as we were driving down the street passing 10-15 police cars and vans we just decided to go home. That could have been too much excitement for us.

It’s an ugly day out today, the wind is wild and the snow is whipping around everywhere. Did I tell you I don’t like winter? I think we are having a storm, blizzard storm. I just know winter is here now and it’s not going away... *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment