Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Empty House

I have noticed that this summer was the first summer that the kids have been away the most. So last night I sat home alone while Joey is out with his friends, Juhnea is with her dad at the farm, Karen with her Auntie Terri and Joe at work. I noticed how quiet and still the house was. I have decided that I don’t like it, I don’t like it one bit. I realize that Joey will be home for at least another year. One by one they will be leaving me, and it saddens me.

However, let me tell you the chores that I got done. I made a Lemon Meringue Pie, did laundry, the dishes, made three necklaces and a pair of earrings. I even watched Canadian Idol. I was in bed and dreaming of sugar plums by 10:45…

The best way to keep children at home is to make the home atmosphere pleasant, and let the air out of the tires. ~Dorothy Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment