Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Our First Trip Without the Kids!!!





So Joe and I left the kids home and off we went. We stopped in Moose Jaw, Medicine Hat, spent our first night in Strathmore. Off to Calgary we went. We stayed in Calgary for two nights, met with Ernie and his family. Uncle JR cooked us a lovely supper and it was great. Went to the Zoo, the tower and seen a lot of homeless people. We went to Crossroads Market, at first it just looked like a produce market until you entered the warehouse part. It was filled with little shops, everything from meat to designer bags. There were street performers outside. We met one man who bought every single piece of beadwork from me. I was so glad I had taken it. Every person that we did meet in Calgary was so nice, from the parking guy to the peddler.

Off to Canmore, Banff, Lake Louise, we stayed one night in Rocky Mountain House. We went to check out the Spray River in Canmore and the road leading up the mountain was terrifying. The water was so blue, it was gorgeous. We seen mountain goats, an elk, 6 eagles and a bear.

Off to Edmonton, through Red Deer and spent a night with my sister Patreece in Edmonton. We checked out the bars on Whyte Avenue, went through West Edmonton Mall. We even went to the Fringe Festival. I can say that Edmonton was not nearly as nice as Calgary.

Off the next day to Lloydminster and spent a night with my dad and his girlfriend Bonnie. We got home the next day around 9:00 pm.

So Glad to be home!




My visit with my sister and my dad was great. I must say that my dad looks so happy with Bonnie, and he is even kinda silly. I really enjoyed it, now my next visit will have include my brother Caylum and my sister Georgette. Fingers crossed and hopes are high!

No comments:

Post a Comment