Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve....

Finally, I am so excited for Christmas. I have waited and waited...and finally it's come. I haven't really liked Christmas that much, but now I totally enjoy the holiday. Although I am working today, and then on the 27th and 28th....

Anyway, Joe and I decided to do some 2am Christmas shopping at Walmart, you would be surprised to see all the people there. I was. Last year we went at about 5am and it was so quiet, and nice, the isles were empty, the line ups were gone. It was like having the whole store and staff at your fingertips...almost Drew Barrymore-ish. If I was her and I was shopping...nevermind.

Holy Crap----I made my first Lemon Merangue pie, yep from the box and a prepared pie crust. But I did it and I did take a picture...don't have it right now...but I did make the pie and I do have the picture. Joe made a chocolate cream pie and even made some cookies with Karen. I have pics, just couldn't get them on and off the computer. My daughter does all that for me...she'll be home today.

We weren't planning on having a Christmas dinner, cause our Christmas is on Christmas Eve, but we have decided to cook the roast beast (Vernessa's cooking that). As I still can't manage to cook a cold dead carcass, and then have to stick my hand up it's butt or neck. No thanks, I will eat it once the white meat is removed from the skeleton. We haven't celebrated on Christmas Eve before so it should be fun. Then tomorrow I have to make a two hour road trip to drop my two oldest kids off at my EX-husbands and pick up my niece... all before 1 so that we are back at Paulette's for Christmas day. Oh holy day....

But as I try the "secret", my next two days will be great and I will have a good holiday and everyone will get what they wanted.

Merry Christmas....

No comments:

Post a Comment