Monday, January 21, 2008

Flea Market Table

Vernessa and I decided that we would have a table at a flea market thing, and well we didn't make a lot of money, we sure made some great contacts. Juhnea came too and had her candy kabobs ready. I paid $20 for the table and then only sold about $15.00 worth of stuff. But I did met the most interesting couple. We met this tiny little lady. She was from the Philippines, and talked fast and with so much emotion. She was a believer in religion and told us "not to take the lords name in vane", Oh goodness she was so cute. I wanted to keep her in a little bird cage, with a swing and just listen to her talk on all day long. She was a positive and happy person. Her husband Mike, came over and told me to take my stuff to this craft shop and the guy there would be interested. He stayed and talked for a while, very nice. They were owners of the old J&J Unisex store. I even remember going there. So as we were packing it up early, like the rest of the tables, I stopped by to give her a necklace, she turned around and gave me my first pipe. Yes a pipe, a small glass pipe. I thought the gesture was super nice.

Anyways we went to the craft shop and Derril looked at the stuff and decided that he wanted to buy a few pieces and he would give me a deal. So in return I traded him some bead work for some leather and he bought a few more pieces of bead work. Vernessa even made some deals. What a cute shop too. The amount of work in there was amazing, he sure is a talented man. He makes moccasins and buys crafts off local people. I did tell him I would be back and I am sure that I will be, cause he does have a good selection of beads. Plus he was so nice and I will definitely be dealing with him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment