Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day

Well to my surprise Karen didn't want to take her Valentines to school. I always thought kids loved getting valentines and making a valentine mailbox to attach to their desks and collect all the valentines from other students. Did this stop happening after I left school? At what grade do you stop handing them out? Now my son, Joey, who I bought Valentine's for up until his 8th grade, never really told me that it was lame after the 4th or 5th grade. I chuckle about it now cause he was so mad at me, he was the only grade 8 student to give out cards. Yet in my thinking I thought how darn adorable for him to give out little cards to the girls in his class...I probably scarred him for life with that one. As for Juhnea she will smile, take the cards and hide them, burn them (same difference)... Karen tells me straight.

I did get a Valentine card from my sister Randine. I really liked it, it was nice and I miss her. Yet we work in the same building, have the same mother and sisters...and I miss her.

Anyways in the end, it's just another day. I will give out some extra hugs and kisses...

Quote: (not sure who said this) but I like it...
Yesterday is but a dream
And tomorrow is only a vision
Today is all we have
(one day at a time)

No comments:

Post a Comment