Monday, March 17, 2008

Spring Free From Racism

I have returned for the fourth year to sell my beadwork and as every year before it, it was a success. This year my sister Paulette decided to hold a food table with traditional Aboriginal food. She had Bison with Wild Rice, Venison Stew, Indian Tacos and Medicine Wheel Cookies. I think she did well, as she had a steady stream of customers. I don’t know if she will return for another year (hope she does), but she did have a lot of compliments on her food.

It was fun, met some really good contacts and seen some awesome performers. Juhnea and Deneil stayed for a bit and helped sell while Vernessa and I made rounds to see the other crafts and taste some food. Juhnea did well on her candy kabobs.

I did try some Scandinavian Fruit Soup, Mexican candies, African Samosas, and I did get an Indian Taco. It was all good. There was some food

It was a long day as we left home around 9:30 a.m. to set up and the celebration lasted until 8:00. I was tired when I got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment