Monday, April 21, 2008

An award winning night...April 16th...

So my sister Paulette, invited me to go with her to the 2008 EMCY National Awards Gala. Which I pretty much didn't know what it meant, EMCY means Enriching My Canada and Yours. It was to celebrate multi-culturalism. I sure enoyed this, there was some pretty awesome speaches.

It was a great night, we had a wonderful meal which I was thankful for because I didn't eat all day. I knew I was going to this and since my plans fell through for lunch, I decided to wait for supper. And it was well worth the wait.

Regina's Canadian Idol Finalist, Matt Rapley was there, he performed, he was awesome. I seen a few big wigs, there was Lorne Calvert, Mayor Pat Fiacco, Lori (from CC and Lori radio) and Jill (from the news). I seen my long time pal Agnes Kraemer. We sat at the SGI table and I met a few of her co-workers.

It was a really good night, although Paulette wanted to sneak out early. So off we went and I was home by 9:00, and the kids were all alive. Juhnea babysat Karen and Joe was out with his friends. I will say that Juhnea did a good job, Karen was fed and ready for bed by the time I got home.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Paula ... just writing my own blog ... I am posting your blog entry into mine ... check it out .. 2008 Emcy Awards. I am just starting, maybe you will become my guru and teach a few things my email address 2008emcy@gmail.com 530-0257

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paula ... just writing my own blog ... I am posting your blog entry into mine ... check it out .. 2008 Emcy Awards. I am just starting, maybe you will become my guru and teach a few things my email address 2008emcy@gmail.com 530-0257

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, sorry I just noticed that you posted a comment on my blog. Like you I am rather new to this...although I know how to post, just not all the other little gadgets, widgets and what-you-call-its. I hope you don't mind, but I will add your site to my blog roll. I hope to attend the next awards as it was a very enjoyable evening.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete