Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Open my eyes!

Have you ever talked to someone who makes you really think, think of things around you, things that happen to you? I have this friend, Marilyn, who at first I was a little scared of, but as she talked and talked she started to make perfect sense to me. She has these huge beliefs and this whole way of thinking that really appeals to me. Kind of puts my mind at ease and makes me have that hope that there is something better, that there is a solution to every crisis and event that happens in my life.

I am far from being religious, and don’t practice any type of religion. But I did receive a little book from another friend of mine, Pauline. Now this book is filled with daily prayers and little quotes from the bible, it sat on my dresser for months. Then as I was going through a rough patch I opened it up, read it, memorized some of the little prayers and you know what…I wasn’t so stressed anymore. So let me tell you, I read and reread some of those passages, and slept on it. Somehow those worries and those tears are not as bad as they were the night before. I will get through this, and in the end there will be a reason for all this madness and my only hope is…that at the end of it all it will be a solution for the better.

So enough with the deep stuff and it’s time to get on with the sunshine and harmony that I try so hard to live by.

No comments:

Post a Comment