Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Old and New

My girls and I thought it would be good to make the cupcakes using ice cream cones. We seen them in a magazine and I thought it would be fun to make and easy to do. Let’s remember that I am not a cook by any means and even though I am "older", I never took to cooking and left it to the sisters and restaurants to do. Plus my boyfriend is a cook, so I never really had the need to cook.

So here is a picture of the cupcakes, they look a little under filled. There is one cupcake cone that fell onto the bottom element of the oven, caught fire and set off the smoke alarm. It sure burst into flames fast, I had to scramble quick to get that one out, ended up a little toasty. We did decorate them, they were eaten and everyone survived. I did keep the burnt one and decorated it, no one ate it, but it was pretty while it lasted. Can you see it?

Karen and I had made these huge puppets so that we could walk in the puppet parade for the Cathedral Arts Festival. It was great. We also made these huge circle paintings. We kept them for a bit and then recycled them, taking a picture first of course.

Nothing to eventful happened this weekend. OMG - I did buy one of those storage things, has 7 drawers to store anything. I have used mine for beading stuff. I was impressed. Holds a lot and all my half finished and just started projects are all in one place. So that cleans up a lot of the craft clutter. I am sooo proud of my purchase, my dad bought it for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment