Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I am scared!!

Well since Joey was home during the night for the past two days, I really haven't done anything at home...tonight he goes back to work (he has a night job), so I will be busy tonight when I get home...and home alone with my babies.

There is a house down the street that has some gang bangers that live there. We only know that from word of mouth, from the neighbors. Never mind the fact that there has been police that blocked off our block twice since I lived there...which is going on 4 months. Plus, the first time our van was part of the crime scene, cause one of the men touched it and left a bloody hand print. Now this last time, a man was beaten right in front of our house, and I never heard a thing. Only clue was the massive police presence and the blood spatter on the street. It's scary, they seem to leave everyone (who lives on the street) alone and mind their own business, but you can't help but think of our safety. I can't afford to move so we pretty much just have to tolerate it and hope that they will get kicked out of the neighborhood soon. Keep your fingers crossed, and hope that there is no more violent, late night parties.

"When you're safe at home you wish you were having an adventure; when you're having an adventure you wish you were safe at home" —- Thornton Wilder

I am not a religious person by any means, but just in case there is the teeny tiny chance that there is a God. I do pray for the safety of my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment