Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas 2008

Wow, it’s been a crazy few days. I have stuffed and cooked my second turkey in my whole entire life. It was good, there was no bag of innards in there, so that was a relief.

Christmas Eve was a good time at my house, my kids were there. The house was packed, there was Terrylyn, Arthur, Rae-dean, and Drew. Karryann and Rod, Heather, Mike and their three boys. It was a full house and the first time to have all the Klyne-side of the family together.

Karen and I sang karaoke until early in the morning. Poor neighbours, bet they wish they were quieter when I was sleeping. Pay back has its rewards.

Christmas Day my two older children jumped in Paulette’s van and off they went to Balcarres. Karen and I picked up mom and Catherine, off to Paulette’s we went. Joe stayed home and had a sleep, an all day long sleep…

Ever go to a Christmas dinner and it just doesn’t have that comfortable and “family” feeling. Well Paulette’s does, I always feel comfortable there. Plus she had like 6 different pies. I always pig out when I go there. Plus she makes this awesome mushroom and broccoli veggie dish. Yummy, it’s so good. It was awesome.

Then off visiting we went, first stop, Garrett and Chelsey…seen Chelsey’s babies (Teanna and David, and Laureen, Timmy….next house was Donny and Delanne…seen Santana and baby Creelyn, Mitchell and baby Donny. Baby Donnie hides as soon as he hears my voice, closes his eyes so he can’t see me….yet still deep down, he loves me…deep, deep, down!

Next house was Maureen, only Tia, Cheyene, Austin were home. Wait!! Who was that hiding under the blanket….but Thomas? I see Santa bought Maureen a little lovin’ for the holidays.

Back at mom’s on boxing day Gus and Jarret were visiting. I haven’t seen Gus for a while and Jarret either for that matter. It was so nice to see both of them. Gus took me, mom and Jarret out for a Christmas drink. It was so nice to just sit there and talk and laugh. I missed them both sooo much.

Now for the best part….I got everything I asked for. I got my digital picture frame, the digital keychain and perfume. The extra’s were clothes, Indian Maiden doll, wine and wine opener…3 seconds! I also got a purse and some smelly girlie things…I really love the Wish Sister doll I got from Paulette. I heart her!

The Christmas Season has come and gone for another year. My only hope is that it gets better and better. I love Christmas, it’s so sparkly, shiny and everyone (some people) seem so happy and smiley. Even the music is happy!

I have painted yet another mushroom. I think I might even like it better than the first one. I painted with Taylor and Karen. I didn’t do a whole lot more with them, just hung out and watched TV. Until I pulled out the paints and canvas…then we got creative.

I will be on to beading now since Christmas has come and gone…Christmas decorations are already down and boxed up waiting for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment