Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Last day of 2008

Wow this year has come and gone so fast. So much has happened and not happened in a year that it’s kinda sad it’s over. I have made new friends, lost a close friend. I have learnt new things and forgotten about old ones. I helped my daughter pack to move to her dad’s (even though I hated every second of it)…I smile when I see her walk in the door. I watched my son in true heartache and pain. I watched as his friends surrounded him in support, he does have true friends for life. I watched Karen play and be happy…I built a Jack Skellington from paper and paste. I have come to like the taste of wine. I have gone on a road trip with the love of my life; we left the kids behind and went on our own adventure. Seen the mountains and a real wild bear. Found out we are not grown up enough to leave our kids, missed them more than we enjoyed the trip. We fought with the neighbours and realized they are crazy. Found myself fighting to protect my kids from harsh words and mean actions…I won! TOAST!!

I have lost a few things along the way! I also found a few things to help me too. I found that mean things are said in the fit of anger. I also found that forgiveness is not a sign of the weak, because it takes a strong person to forgive….TOAST!

I found I could count on my sissy, cause she is always there, whether she wants to be or not. She is a hard kind of person, but lets her guard down to help me. She makes sense to me when I am hurt or upset…this year brought me closer to her…TOAST!!

I have cried so much this year…sometimes it’s happy, sometimes it sad…heck, I cry all the time. I cry when someone is sad, I cry when someone is happy…I cry on sad parts of movies and shows. I cry when I realize my son turns 18 in 11 days, after 12 midnight tonight that is…I cry each time Juhnea leaves back to the farm. I cry when Karen and I can’t get along…I cry when I am happy…TOAST!!!

I hope 2009 brings me closer to the ones that drifted away. I hope I am stronger than the years before. I hope I don’t loose my childish ways, cause I don’t want to grow up. I hope that my friends are always near…I hope my children shine and prosper. I hope Joe and I grow old together. I hope my mom and sisters are happy…I Hope for a bright life and future for my family….TOAST!!!

Here's a toast to the future, A toast to the past, And a toast to our friends, far and near. May the future be pleasant; The past a bright dream; May our friends remain faithful and dear. ~ Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment